Monday, June 4, 2018

Some Good Worries Resolved

I have often said that I think God has a great sense of humor and I am very appreciative of that. Of course, all "jokes" are good and beautiful and come as a blessing. My favorite joke deals with Brady, but we can save that for another day.

Today's joke is what I would like to share. We have recently started down the path of financial responsibility - we have set up a budget and we are sticking to it. It has been a great comfort to find something that works for us and is bringing a new feeling of peace to our lives. But, there is also the frustration of how do I do this and pay for that for all of the little extra things. In particular, graduates. There are so many in my life right now and more coming in the next few years.

This morning I was preoccupied trying to think of a fun thing I could do to send a gift of congratulations. Due to the number of kids I know graduating, anything elaborate just isn't possible. I wanted to do something that would let them know I am so happy for them and excited for their futures and so very happy they are a part of my life. And how do you do that for a few bucks a piece? Thankfully, I had other things to think about and was able to put that worry on a shelf as I drove my daughter to Logan this morning.

On the drive home I received a phone call that went to voicemail. When I got to the point that I could listen to the message, I was pleased to find out that it was news that I had won a prize from a Teacher Appreciation Giveaway that I had entered back in April. I couldn't remember what the prizes were, so I was expecting anything from a $20 gift card to Chick-fil-a to a $10,000 grand prize!

When I arrived home, I called the lady back and she informed me that my prize was a case of books for helping graduates financially prepare for their future!!! How funny is that?!?!?! I won FORTY copies of a book (with a CD included) full of great advice from the daughter of a very popular financial guru that I have listened to over the years.

So ... problem of getting meaningful gifts to all the many, MANY graduates in my life SOLVED! Just like that!!! You never know what the day will bring and how Heavenly Father will bring a smile to your face or ease a concern, no matter how insignificant it might seem.