Saturday, June 9, 2018

Walk the Walk

I was chatting with my SIL at a party and the topic was about finding those little opportunities to reach out in love to those around us. They are everywhere, but we get so focused on what we are doing, that we often miss them. As we were in the middle of this conversation, I realized that a lovely lady at the end of our table was alone at the time.

Now, social situations are my biggest failing ... I could have gone on chatting with my SIL in our little bubble about all sorts of things for hours. But it was funny that right as we were talking about noticing those little opportunities to reach out to others, I was made aware of this lady sitting alone at the end of our table. So, I called her into our conversation and we had the most delightful time getting to know a new person.

I am grateful that Heavenly Father helped me know that she was there and that I could bring her into our conversation. Social things really are my biggest hurdles and I am grateful for the confidence that was given to me to make a situation right.