Thursday, August 21, 2008

Called to Serve

I love to notice all the little miracles in each day. I love when someone says, "Oh that will take a miracle" because in my heart I affirm, "Great, because I believe in miracles." There are so many instances where we can see these instances of God's love, it makes me wonder how many we don't see. Thankfully, we are aware of some of these, and I hope that if I will live my life more in tune with the spirit, Iwill be made aware of others.

This past Sunday, I was able to see another little miracle, thanks to our lovely Music Leader in Primary. She was working with the big kids and spent some time on a song we have been learning, "Called to Serve". It is such a great missionary song, and to hear the kids sing it is just wonderful. She ended up spending more time on it than she realized and soon her time was up. They had only practiced two songs that day, not getting to several of the ones she had planned on going over.

Then came Sacrament Meeting, this was the same meeting previously mentioned where a wonderful missionary from our ward reported on his experiences. At the end, the Stake President got up to make a few comments (as mentioned in an earlier post). He ended up doing something most of us out there have probably never seen - releasing the missionary from his mission right there. He shared that moment with all of us, it was beautiful. And yes, I cried for that, too.

As he was finishing up his comments he turned to the organist and asked if it was okay to change the closing hymn to "Called to Serve". All over the chapel you could see little eyes and ears perk up and they prepared themselves to join in the singing. I could see the music leader just filled with the spirit, now she knew why so much time was spent on that song today - they needed to know it really well to be able to feel and enjoy the spirit that had been invited into that meeting. My kids were so happy and they sang their little hearts out, as did the other children I could see sitting nearby.

This sweet music leader was so touched, her testimony was beaming, her face was glowing. It was a very simle little thing that showed so magnificently our Heavenly Father's love for us all.