Monday, August 25, 2008

I Love a Wedding

Saturday was wonderful - we attended the wedding of Phil and Janel in the Bountiful Temple. I have known Phil his entire life - I remember when Wendy was expecting. It was such an exciting time. And then he arrived and we all adored him! We continued adoring him and now he is all grown up and MARRIED! I guess we should leave all of the adoring to the Happy Couple from now on.

The ceremony was wonderful and I am so grateful I was there. It seems that every wedding I attend grants me the opportunity to reflect on my own life and marriage and make improvements. The gentleman performing the ceremony was so funny, and despite his humor, I was able to get a lot out of the experience. He reminded us that if we love each other, we will hold on to each other. This happened as he was talking to my sweet husband who was sitting next to me. The Sealer looked at him and then pointed to me and asked, "Is this your wife?" He answered, "Yes she is." The Sealer asked, "How do you two get along?" and he answered, "Pretty good." Then The Sealer asked, "Well, why aren't you holding her hand?" He had a fun and entertaining way of voicing simple, yet important, truths.

He also spent some time reminding us of what it really means to consecrate ourselves. It's a committment we all make, however, sometimes we forget. I have promised to serve my Father in Heaven with all that He has given me. So, no more grumbling or eye rolling when needs arise and I am the solution. I will see my role as a wife and mother and daughter and sister and friend and ward member with the light the Heavenly Father would like me to see it in. I have been incredibly blessed and focusing on that will only be of benefit to me and my family.

Thanks to Phil and Janel for providing and wonderful learning opportunity for me. And, congratulations to them for making this wonderful committment to each other and the Lord. We send all our wishes for a happy eternity.